Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Perspective

Things have improved. Was it the physical shower which also resulted in the metaphorical cleansing of my troubles? Was it the pleasure of cooking a nice meal and enjoying it and feeling accomplished for that. Was it the feeling of rest and comfort I felt after I was clean and full. I turned on some blues and jazz music and had an epiphany. Music like this stirs my soul. I'm a dancer because I hear this kind of music and it's impossible to sit still. I come up with my best dancing when no one is watching and I just do it from my soul. I wish I knew how to do that on stage, as I often feel like I look rigid; I don't want to just entertain, I want to be up there and perform. The blues piano in the background and brass beside my ear bring out a passionate side of me. How dancing moves me is often hard to explain to people. Do people who really enjoy something, art, painting, cooking etc. do we all have those moments where we feel like we connect to that thing in a way no one else does. I have a new mission. I must transfer my "no one is watching" self to the stage. I know it's the best dancing I do - in my pajamas all alone :)


Note to Reader: Ignore my super introspective, thought provoked self. Being a little buzzed can have that effect, but I swear it's the jazz too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment